Stitching Retreat is a one-of-a-kind, experiential knitting event. Take master-level hand-knitting workshops on fit and shaping, pattern writing, lace, socks, and more. Shop the Marketplace, which showcases new yarn and accessories from around the world. All of this and more in one weekend! If you’re a knitter/ crocheter/ sewer/ spinner, this is the event for you!
From Friday, September 29, through Sunday, October 1, 2017.
Please refer to the programm page for complete details.
- Beginner: Can knit and purl, cast on and bind off. Eager to learn!
- Advanced Beginner: Has beginner skills, plus can work simple increases/decreases, follow written instructions, and can work basic stitch patterns. Ready to move to the next level.
- Intermediate: All skills of an advanced beginner, plus proficiency working in the round and has completed multiple accessories or a basic garment. Proficient as many kinds of stitch patterns.
- Experienced: Skilled at all knitting techniques. Able to adjust patterns and personalize knits via fit and/or design.
- Expert: Experienced in all techniques and looking for a real challenge.
- All Levels Welcome: Accessible and of interest to those who have years of experience as well as those just starting out.
In the unlikely event that Stitching Retreat cancels a class, we will make every effort to find you a suitable class substitution. If you are not satisfied with the substitute, you may choose another class, and the CHF10 class change fee will be waived. If you are unsatisfied with either option, we will gladly refund the cost of the class.
We regret we are not able to accommodate children under 12. Well-behaved nursing babies are always welcome, but once the child is a toddler, it will need a non-participating caregiver. If the caregiver and the toddler staying in the hostel, you have to buy a daypass for the caregiver.